Making your pizza is not that hard, but you probably find that your pizzas are not that good than the ones from your local pizza point.
There is one thing that is always the talk of the town when it comes to pizza making.
It is about keeping your pizza peel dry. A presence of sauce or oil or can cause the pizza to stick to the peel when you try to slide it into the oven.
If it happens, you could see that your pizza swings into the random shape itself.
Many people noted that it is not easy to get it perfect without having a pizza stone.
If you want to get a crispy pizza crust, then you need to look at some things.
Read this article and learn the easy ways of getting a crispy pizza crust without a pizza stone.
Use Inverted Baking Sheet
You need to flip the baking sheet upside down and place it on the lowest rack of your oven.
Your goal is to bake the pizza on top of the inverted baking sheet.
It will allow the pizza to get the necessary heat that is needed.
If you want to have a crispy pizza crust, then this method should work.
Observe safety precautions when getting it out of the oven.
Try A Cast Iron Pan
You can cast iron pans to make various things such as roasts in the oven.
You can also use a large cast-iron pan to make pizzas very effectively.
The best thing about using this pan in baking pizza is that it gives you the heat your delicacy needs.
You will need to flip it upside down, too, for the best results.
You won’t have any problem baking a pizza on top of your cast iron pan if the area of the surface is large enough.
It will be easier to get the pizza out of the oven since the pan has a handle that you can grab safely.
You can try this method if you have a cast-iron pan that is large enough to bake a pizza.
Use Your Grill
Grilling a pizza might be a strange idea when you first start to think about it.
Logically, a grill would be perfect for making a pizza with a crispy crust.
You can get a high temperature using a grill, and it will be easy for you to get the brittle crust you want.
Another good thing is that when you use a grill, you can make pizza pretty fast.
The baking works fine, whether using propane or charcoal.
Heavy Aluminum Pizza Pans
You can have some good pizza pans instead of buying an expensive pizza stone.
Aluminum pizza pans have more weight than baking sheets.
They work well in making pizzas, and some of them have vents that allow the crust to get hotter.
If you want to buy pizza pans, you should avoid nonstick ones. They will not work in getting desired results.
Baking Steel Is an Option
This utensil is a sturdy type of steel that is made purposely for baking in the oven.
It has a large surface area making it more convenient to use than pizza stone in some ways.
If you want to bake two pizza at once, then this accessory is worth a shot.
Baking steels are so strong and rugged that you won’t have to worry about them breaking on you.
Steps in Getting A Crispy Crust
- Place a ball of pizza dough for at least 30 minutes at room temperature. If it is frozen, thaw it overnight in the fridge, and then bring to room temperature 30 minutes before you begin.
- If you use a pizza stone, put it is in the oven and begin preheating at up to 450 F.
- You will need to dust a wooden pizza peel with cornmeal. It will help the pizza slice smoothly off the peel and into the oven.
- You may place the dough in the center of the pizza peel and, using the heel of your hand, flatten it into a round disk.
- You will need to crimp the edges of the disk with your fingers. It will form the outer crust of the pizza and will help keep the sauce and toppings from overflowing the edge of the crust.
- When working at the edges, stretch the dough in a circular motion until you have a round crust about 12 inches in diameter.
- Place the stretched dough down onto the peel. Add sauce onto the center and spread it outward in a spiral. Leave about an inch of un-sauced crust at the edges.
- You may sprinkle a shredded mozzarella cheese atop the sauce and then arrange other toppings evenly atop the cheese.
- Next, open the oven and gently slide the pizza off the peel and onto the pizza stone, jiggling it a bit if necessary.
- Bake the pizza for 10 minutes or until the edges of the crust, are brown and the cheese appears to be bubbly.
- Slide the cooked pizza onto a dish or baking sheet and use a pizza cutter to cut it into six slices.
Few More Tips
You will need to make sure that there are no holes in the dough before you sauce it.
The sauce that leaks through the crust will cause it to stick to the peel.
This could wreck the whole thing when you try to slide it into the oven.
When applying the sauce to the dough, consider yourself to be on the clock.
You may use an aluminum pizza peel for removing the pizza from the oven.
You will need two separate peels, a wooden one for putting pizzas in, and an aluminum one for taking them out. Doing this will help you avoid getting sauce on the wooden one.
You can still do it even you don’t have a pizza stone or a pizza peel.
After stretching out the dough, lay it down on a sheet pan dusted with cornmeal.
Then, sauce the top of the pizza according to what you want and transfer it directly to the oven. The process involves just pulling it out safely.
Right now, you might be thinking that pizza stones are a big deal when it comes to baking, and it is impossible to create a crispy crust without it.
Well, let’s look at the facts.
The components of pizza stones are stone/ceramic. So, it is just about placing your uncooked pizza on the said stone and then insert the stone into the oven.
Enjoy Your Pizza
Now that you learned about the easy ways to get a crispy pizza crust without a pizza stone, you will be fine.
There are ways to bake or grill pizzas with crispy crusts. You can always look for some other steps to handle it.
You will need to take the time to get it right, and you will be enjoying amazing dinners soon enough.
Try the method you think will be the easiest for you to do so that you can have an amazing experience.