The recent trend in baking is making hybrid concoctions of popular sweet treats. After all, who doesn’t appreciate the fusion of their favorite desserts?
Among these beloved combinations, the most popular one is using pancake mix to make muffins. The very idea of enjoying a pancake with the portability of a muffin is not only appealing but is also sought after a lot.
We’ve prepared 3 stunning recipes that will allow knowing how to make muffins with pancake mix. And we’ve compiled these recipes that will help you make a simple muffin from a pancake mix. (If you want to try making blueberry muffins with pancake mix, be sure to give this recipe a try!)
1. Pancake Muffins Made Easy
- Pancake mix worth 2 cups
- 2-3 cups of whole milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- Optional add-ons as needed
Each batch of ingredients can be used to make 16 to 18 muffins.
- Get the oven preheated to a crisp 350 degrees.
- Mix pancake mix, milk, eggs, and ½ cups of maple syrup to a fine consistency.
- Apply muffin liners onto the muffin tin or spray it with non-stick sprays.
- It should take approximately 2-3 tablespoons to fill the desired amount. If add-ons are being used, it should be added in this stage.
- Let the muffins bake for 14-15 minutes. If estimating time seems difficult, then insert toothpicks into the mixture and bring them out of the oven when the toothpick comes out of the muffin cleanly.
- Have the muffins cool down for at least 15-20 minutes. Pop them in the refrigerator for an hour or two once they have cooled off.
- Once the muffins have been frozen, put them into a Tupperware or an airtight bag, and put them on the fridge for storage.
- Be sure to reheat the muffins through a toaster oven, a microwave, or an oven before eating them!
2. Organically Made Muffins with Pancake Mix
- Plain flour or all-purpose flour worth 2 cups
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 and a ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- A teaspoonful of baking soda
- A hint of salt
- 2 cups of pure buttermilk
- 1 egg
- A quarter of butter (melted)
- Warm maple syrup
Each batch of ingredients can make 10-12 muffins.
- Preheat the oven to a warm 350 degrees.
- Line the muffin pan with cases or spray non-stick sprays over it in order to complete basic preparations. Mini muffin pans are encouraged to be used for this recipe because they are easy for dipping.
- Use a mixing bowl to sift the flour. Once the flour is sifted, add sugar, baking soda, salt, and baking powder into the bowl and whisk them thoroughly.
- Take another bowl and stir the buttermilk, egg, and butter in it.
- Have the liquid mixture combine with the dry mixture. Be sure to thoroughly stir the mixture when combining them together. Let the final mixture rest for 3 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture onto the holes in the muffin pan once it has rested. Half of each hole has to be filled for the best results.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes. The muffins will be cooked when a toothpick inserted onto them comes out clean.
- Serve hot muffins with warm maple syrups!
3. Pancake Muffin Fusion Sweet Treat
- 680gms of pancake mix in 3 cups
- A cup of sugar
- A little more than 600ml of water for better batter structure
Each batch can make 8-10 muffins.
- Prepare the ingredients and utensils necessary.
- Use paper muffins and lubricate muffin pans with margarine.
- Have the oven preheated to 350 degrees.
- Mix the pancake mix, sugar, and water to form a batter with a thick consistency.
- Fill half of each muffin cup with the batter.
- Let the batter bake for 15-18 minutes. The muffin will be cooked if the center inflates back after touch.
- Enjoy the muffin with your favorite spread!
There you have it! Delicious pancake muffins that will make any brunch sweeter than ever! That too within the span of only half an hour!
The only hard part is understanding whether your pancake muffins are baked to perfection or not. Other than that, the entire process, from making the batter to serving the pancake muffins fresh, has been one sweet journey! This is one sweet treat you can make any time with the smallest of efforts.
So, the next time you’re confused about how to make muffins with pancake mix, give these three recipes a whirl, and you’ll have a delicious breakfast to take with you when in a hurry to work!