Are you looking for alternatives to use your ordinary rice cooker for extraordinary cooking purposes?
Presenting amazing ideas of using your regular rice cooker in different cooking methods, cooking lentils comes as a popular choice.
Lentils are considered as the third highest protein food element. Also, it is rich in fiber. You will be astonished to know that one cup of cooked lentils will provide you 16 grams of fiber. Cool right?
So if you are hoping for a nutritious meal, you can simply use your rice cooker for cooking lentils in a very short time. It also requires less effort where cooking pans will take away your time and energy both.
Mostly, you don’t need to stand for hours near your gas stove. So why don’t you use the rice cooker?
Cooking Lentils In A Rice Cooker
Here, I am going to tell you about the whole process of cooking lentils in a rice cooker. Spare some moment and check them out below.
Before we move on, here’s a list of the basic things you will need:
- 1 cup of lentil (red, green or brown)
- 2 cups cold purified water
- Wooden spoon
- A clean container or bowl
Soon as you gather the necessary things around, you have to ensure the basic starting procedure prior to seasoning and cooking.
Step 1 – Rinsing the Lentils
Firstly, you need to wash the lentils properly. Use clean water while washing them with hands until it seems dirt free. After washing them, use a strainer to free the water from lentils. Next, pour the rice cooker pot with convenient amount of cold purified water.
Step 2 – Mixing
Now, let’s move on to seasoning and cooking:
- Salt (according to your taste)
- Olive oil or sunflower oil 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder ½ tbs
- Chili powder ½ tbs
Put out the clean lentils from the strainer and keep them into a fresh bowl. Now add salt, olive oil, turmeric powder, chili powder and combine them properly.
You can simply use your hand to mix or a stirring wooden spoon. Make sure all lentils are finely coated with spices. When done, your lentils are now ready for cooking.
Step 3 – Cooking Tips
- Place the cooker pot into your rice cooker and add the lentil mixture into the pot.
- Stir the mixture with the approximate amount of water.
- Close the lid and turn on the “cook” button.
- Let it cook for 30 minutes (you can set the timer to avoid blunder).
- While the cooking process, you need to open the lid and stir the mixture again with a long wooden spoon. Make sure doing it through the halfway time.
- Have patience for turning the “cook” switch into “warm” automatically. When it occurs be sure that you are done cooking.
- Open the lid and use cooking gloves to put out the rice cooker pot.
- Pour in the lentils into a glass bowl or any ordinary bowl you prefer.
- You can decorate the lentils using coriander leaves.
That’s it !! Your regular lentils are ready to eat. Easy-peasy isn’t it ??
My Easy Way Of Cooking Lentils In Three Steps
You know what? You can customize your own lentil recipe. As we all love experiments, why not try it with cooking?
Let me share with you a “yummy tummy” recipe down below:
- Curry leaves (according to your taste)
- Coriander leaves
- Ginger garlic paste
- Olive oil
- Ground cumin 1tbs
- Curry powder ½tbs
- Finely chopped tomato
- Ground hot spice ½ tbs
- 1 baypatha
In this step, you have to combine all the ingredients along with the washed lentils in a rice cooker pot.
Place the rice cooker pot into the rice cooker. Close the lid and press the “cook” button. Wait for proper 30 minutes. After the ”cook” button turns into “warm”, put down the cooker pot and pour them into a fresh bowl.
Use colorful steamed veggies on the topping or coriander leaves.
So, here you are! Hope you will delight yourself with this easy and tasty recipe this weekend. Don’t forget to thank me in your heart. Lol
As you know that cooking is an art, regardless of the item you want to cook, it will take the experience for mastering the perfect spell. So all you need to have is patience and the art of dogging some easy tricks.